Sunday, December 23, 2012

Secret Santa.


 Tonight we had our annual Secret Santa
gift exchange.  Early in November, each of
our family members draws a name and
purchases a special gift for that person.
 We started the evening off with Rudolph and
Santa pancakes!!!  (Anything with that much
whipped cream is amazing!!!)



I could not have made it without all of my
elves in the kitchen.  This entire day has been
emotional and bittersweet.
 The tears began to flow as I opened our
family picture.  We recently had our family
pictures taken by our resident photog, Sam.
We have not had a chance to have any
of them made.  He chose the very best one
and had it blown up and framed.  Needless
to say, I am not.over.it.yet.













 Mike had drawn Sam's name.  In November,
it took everything he had to go to the mall to
pick out this tool set for Sam.  He wanted to
make sure that I knew where he had hidden
the gift and to wrap it for him for his Sam.
Tears . . . joy . . . tears . . . joy!


Santa's sleigh is packed and ready to fly to
SoCal early in the morning!!!!!

God sent a very special Secret Santa gift to 
me this morning.  Mike has an AMAZING
extended family of aunts, uncles, and cousins
who live in Portland, Oregon.  We.love.them.
so.so.so.so.so.so.much!!  They came to 
visit our Dad in July.  Last night we were
really missing them.  We were tinkering around
with the airlines thinking of paying them a
visit . . . I was so excited that Mike's cousin,
Pam emailed me this morning just to say
that she was thinking of us . . . sending hugs . . .
How great is our God.  Amazing.I.know!
It is difficult as I struggle with so many
emotions.  I know with all my heart that He
knows what He is doing, but it is so very,
very painful at the same time!!!!

Secret Santa Blessings!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Jill! I cried when I read about the tools from Mike to Sam. So very sweet. You have some great family traditions! Have a safe trip!
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete