Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Beach Day 3.

For our family, returning to Laguna
was certainly a bittersweet experience.
I have been coming to Laguna since
I was three years old.  Mike and I 
started coming to Laguna when we
were married in 1984, returning at
least twice or more times each year.
 We feel as though we have pushed
through a milestone by coming to one
of our family's special hotspots.  Even
the stops on the way down were
pretty.darn.difficult.
 We were talking about whether we will
continue to come back to LB and the boys
thought that we should continue this family
tradition.  Zach and I were talking about
our footsteps on the beach.  We were talking
about the footsteps poem where there are
only one set of footsteps.  This would 
represent where Jesus was carrying you.
Zach told me about a poem that he read
that stated that there were there were long
grooved in between the footprints.  This
represents where God is dragging you.
Yep, I have had a wee bit of dragging.
Truth be told, lots of dragging over the
past year.  It will be exciting as our
loving Father begins to gently set me
down and I begin to walk on my own
two wobbly legs . . . 
Another tradition . . . The Greeter's
Corner . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment