Monday, November 26, 2012

Monday, Monday!!

Days are MUCH different around our 
home now! Mike is EXTREMELY fatigued!
As in brushing his teeth is a HUGE
accomplishment . . . and that is THE
big accomplishment for the day.  The
effects of this chemo drug have been
devastating for him.  We are praying our
way through it and are grateful for 
modern medicine.  I do think that we 
were unprepared for the side effects
of the drug.  We are praying that it is
working . . . by working it would mean
that this drug would stop our cancer at the
point it is now and perhaps shrink some
of the tumors.  It is very difficult to watch
someone you love so very, very much
go through something like this.

So . . . as I began to say, days around
our home are "different"!!  The boys 
still come and go like with a flurry of
activity, but I spend most of my time
where I should be . . . home . . . with
Mike.  I am always busy with a plethora
of tasks and eagerly awaiting more
approval so that I can continue on with
the research portion of my dissertation.
I usually have a quilt going and have 
a ton of things to do to keep up with
our home and the boys.  It is awesome
to receive phone calls, texts, emails,
notes, and encouragement.  Without our
support team, we would not have made
it this far.

The pizza . . . Luke started dreaming about
homemade pizza last night and we 
were excited to make it for dinner tonight.
Zach was in class, so Sam and Luke
gobbled the entire pizza by themselves.
My boys are so sweet to include me!!!

We realize that we have so very many
blessings!!!  I am blessed to have been
able to stay at home all of these years,
even now as Mike has not been able
to work for the past 18 months.  We
love our brand new beautiful home and
are thankful that our boys have been
able to become plugged in at our new
church!!  We are so grateful for our 
SMART doctor, caring nurses, and their
knowledge and willingness to try
ANYTHING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment