Thursday, August 2, 2012

Time Out.

 Thanks to my BFF Susan, I actually stood
up . . . got dressed like a big girl . . .
 stood up from typing my dissertation 
proposal and went do a little shopping . . .
 talked girl talk . . . shed a few tears . . . 
shared TONS of laughs . . . 
and had a fun little dinner at my new
fave spot Cafe Rio.

I have NEVER been through anything
like this before in my entire life.  I have
remotely known others at church who 
have gone through similar trials, but I
can tell you one.thing:  Family and
friends cannot be underestimated for
their support.  Sometimes it just takes
someone to pull you by the hair and
drag you out of the house even for
a few moments . . . it does the soul
wonders.

Mike finally woke up a little bit
late this afternoon and evening.  We
celebrated the fact that he was up
and reminded ourselves that it is
back to TK1258 in the morning.
Holy.cow.  It was great to sit with
him and watch the Olympics and to
share a meal.  On the positive side,
I will have five days to type, type,
type while he sleeps away as one
of the dramatic side effects of 
this treatment.  My dissertation 
proposal is progressing nicely and I
plan to resubmit it by the beginning
of next week.  I am really pleased
with the progress.

Onward.comrades.

No comments:

Post a Comment